HAD A CATERING ACCIDENT?
If you or someone you know works in a restaurant, café or other commercial kitchen, you’ll know they can be a hectic environment.
Burns, cuts, slips and trips are all hazards of working in catering. Your employer is responsible for ensuring the environment you work in is safe, and for following health and safety laws to help prevent. accidents.
TYPES OF CATERING ACCIDENTS
Common catering accidents include:
- Slips and falls on wet or greasy floors
- Collisions with equipment, boxes of produce or other kitchen items
- Trips on loose or damaged tiles or uneven floors
- Cuts or other injuries from glass, knives, abrasive surfaces or other sharp utensils
- Burns from hot oil or boiling water