+44 1772 203 303

Call us or email info@porterwoodlaw.co.uk



  • Polski

Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims

If you have suffered criminal injuries Porter Wood Law Solicitors help you with your Criminal Injury Compensation Claims (CICA)


Being the victim of a crime can be one of the most distressing experiences there is. More than 500,000 violent crimes resulting in injury were recorded in the UK in every year.

It can take months or years to rebuild your physical and mental health, but claiming compensation for your injury can help relieve some of the stress by providing financial security whilst you recover.

You could claim for criminal injury and/or psychological injury if a medical professional (like a psychiatrist or psychologist) has diagnosed you with a condition and it has lasted 6 months or longer.

Porter Wood Law Solicitors can claim compensation for you, so you can start living life again.

Find out how much compensation you can claim. Contact us online or call 01772 203 303 for non obligation friendly advice.


Being injured during or as a result of a crime is known as criminal injury. Criminal injuries include:

  • Physical abuse
  • Psychological/emotional abuse
  • Domestic violence
  • Physical assault
  • Sexual assault
  • Criminal injuries sustained at work
  • Criminal injuries sustained in a public places



This depends on the crime and how the injury occurred. Even if you don’t know who did the crime, or if the person who did it can’t pay, you could still receive compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
CICA provides financial compensation for victims of crime when the person who committed the crime cannot pay or when they are unknown.
Each claim is assessed individually. Your solicitor can tell you how you will be paid if your compensation claim is successful.

Find out how much compensation you can claim. Contact us online or call 01772 203 303 for non obligation friendly advice.


To start your claim for criminal injury compensation, contact us online or call us.

A member of our team will contact you for a confidential chat about the crime that took place and how you were injured.

In order to make a criminal injury claim, you will need a crime reference number from the incident. Usually, you will have to have reported the crime to the police within 48 hours of it happening, but there are exceptions to this rule. Each case will be assessed individually.

It’s important to note that the legal deadline for making a personal injury claim in the UK is three years from the date of the accident/injury, however, if you’re claiming compensation for a criminal injury through CICA, the deadline is shorter.

Claiming criminal injury compensation can be complex, but Porter Wood Law is here to help. Simply give us the details of the crime and injury, and we’ll take care of the rest. Your solicitor can advise whether you have a case for compensation, talk you through the process and might give an estimate of how much compensation you could receive.

This consultation is totally free, and you’re under no obligation whatsoever to proceed with a claim even after speaking to us.

If you think receiving compensation for your criminal injury could help you on the road to recovery, contact us now.

Request a callback from one of our friendly team…